I bet everyone knows about Beauty Blender, right ? Well... I do also and first time when I heard about it, I didn't hear the price as well. After hearing so many positive reviews I decided that I NEED it so I searched it in online shops and when I saw the price I was like "OMG 15€ for a sponge?!Really??" I said that there is no way to spend so much on a sponge, unless I receive it as a gift. Months passed and I forgot about it, but recently, I was in an H&M store and I see in their makeup section one pink little thing... Can it be a Beauty Blender dupe for only 3€?
If you want to know more...
When you first look at this sponge you notice the difference of shape between it and the original Beauty Blender. The H&M Makeup Sponge looks more like Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge. And then you notice the price difference ...
I didn't know what to expect from it, but anyway I bought it to try it out. I can't compare it with Beauty Blender (other than shape, which is obvious that is different) but I can tell you how this sponge works for me.
The using method is the same with this kind of sponges: you use it damp (when damp, it's becoming bigger as well). Oh wait, there are 2 little surprises with this sponge after you keep it under running water: IT CHANGES COLOR (and not in a good way) and it gains a nasty smell (this is easily fixed by washing it with some baby shampoo).
As you can see, our little sponge has a totally different color and it is slightly bigger.
What kind of coverage you can get using this sponge ?
It is a very dense sponge so you would say that it would help you to achieve full coverage, but actually it depends on your foundation.
- If the foundation you are using has a runny/watery texture it will get almost all soaked in and you will achieve a sheer coverage. When I used this sponge to apply my Garnier BB Cream oil free version, I found out that the medium/full coverage that I was using with (from using Garnier BB Cream with a stippling brush), it was no longer there.
- If your foundation doesn't have a runny/watery texture than this sponge will actually help you achieve a better coverage that you would achieve with a foundation brush/ using your fingers. I used this sponge to apply Bourjois Healthy Mix and I was really satisfied with the results.
As you can see, the texture of it changed also after using and washing, which makes me even more disappointed.
- the coverage you achieve depends on the texture of the foundation you use;
- bleeds color;
- it changes texture after washing/using;
- impossible to clean totally.
- NO and NO! I think there are better "dupes" out there that don't cause so many complications.
P.S. I never thought I can write so much about a sponge xD