First of all, Happy Easter to everyone who is celebrating Easter today :) Today I decided to do another “Cook with me” post, because …oh well…I discovered an easy great recipe earlier today. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, you already know what I’m talking about: MUFFINS! I was in the mood for something sweet… As I already said I am trying to eat more healthy (I am not saying this recipe is healthy) and when the urge comes I try at least to make something homemade. I found this recipe on Google and personalized it a little bit... Anyways, here it the end result and click “Continue Reading” to see the recipe.
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
- 2 eggs;
- 125 ml milk;
- 4 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 200 g flour;
- 120 g caster sugar;
- 2 tea spoons of baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare the muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, then add the milk and the oil and mix.
- In an other bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix for maybe 30 seconds. The batter should be lumpy and if you see pockets of flour, it’s OK! You shouldn’t over mix, or the muffins will be hard.
- Now it’s time to peel and dice the apples.
- If you want 2 types of muffins, just pour half of your batter in another bowl.
- Add the diced apple to the batter and stir lightly.
- Add your desired amount of chocolate chips to the bowl with batter and stir lightly.
- Fill in the muffin cups 2/3 full (I’ll be honest, mine were more like 3/4 full) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe is super fast and it’s a life saver when you want something sweet fast. Also you can make it without the apple or the chocolate chips, just add some vanilla extract to the liquid ingredients (to give some flavor) and you are good to go.
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you try this recipe. Also, I have an important question: do you enjoy this cooking posts on a beauty blog?
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin and Pintrest :) There are some nice floating hearts on the right side of the screen to help you :)